Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Individual Spark

What do you do when the goal that you have been working toward has already been achieved - by someone else?

What if your way of working, your hand, and your influences lead naturally to that goal?

In the world of art, there's room for only one Richard Currier, one Rembrandt, one Turner, one Goya, one you, one me - but what is your voice?


"Don't worry about your originality. You couldn't get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick with you and show up for better or worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do." - Robert Henri


1 comment:

Denise Williams said...

I certainly wish my hand was lead the way yours is, Richard.

I too have had that thought of what I loved having already been done, but never the question of the way my hand was lead, rather my heart and knowing so much disappointment as my brush never moved in that way. I think those very things leave us to love art so much, for what others are, and what we are and are not in contrast